Our distance Highfield Level 3 Award in Education and Training is the ideal course for anyone who wants to gain recognised qualification in teaching and training. It’s the preferred qualification for those new to the teaching role in post compulsory education and if this is a career you are hoping to start, it’s ideal as you can gain this qualification even if you are not employed as a teacher/trainer. It is a useful CPD qualification for anyone who as training as part of their wider job role. It may also be of interest to qualified assessors who wish to gain a recognised teaching qualification.
Unlike many other distance courses you will have a named tutor who will assess you, offer you regular support and provide you with regular guidance. You will also have online one to one tutorials to introduce you to the qualification and support you with the micro teach. Your tutor will be a highly experienced tutor, with higher level teaching qualifications, fully qualified assessor, Internal Quality Assurer and External Quality Assurer.
Highfield Level 3 Award in Education and Training consists of three units that must be fully completed to gain the qualification.
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training
- Understanding assessment in education and training
The course content includes the teaching role and responsibilities in education and training, ways to maintain a safe and supportive learning environment, the relationships between teachers and other professionals in education and training, inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training and ways to create an inclusive teaching and learning environment.
It is the perfect introduction to teaching and training.
Once you enrol with us you will be assigned a tutor, who will arrange a online face to face induction with you. During this induction we cover the course and content, plan your timeline and introduce you to the assignments. You will have course materials for each unit and we will also send you the course text book ‘Award in Education and Training’ by Ann Gravells. As you submit your assignments, we will give you support and feedback to help you complete them successfully.
Once these are completed, you will have another tutorial to introduce you to planning teaching and learning and prepare you for the micro teach. You will complete your session plan and have it approved by your tutor before you carrying it out to give you the best chance of success. You will be sent three micro teaches to watch and give feedback on.
Once you have completed the micro teach your tutor will give you feedback, both verbal and written, and you will complete a self assessment.
This completes the qualification.
To complete the qualification you will complete the following tasks:
- 3 assignments- one for each unit. These are made up of short answer questions clearly linked to the assessment criteria. There are about 6 -10 questions in each assignment. You will receive written feedback after you submit each one
- you will observe three micro teaching online and complete feedback forms for each session..
- you will complete a micro teach of 15-20 minutes. You will write a session plan and carry out the micro teach to a small group (this can be friend and family). Your tutor will observe this- it must be recorded. You will then complete self evaluation of the micro teach based on your tutor’s feedback and the feedback of your ‘learners’.
- if you are employed in a teaching role you can use part of your usual teaching to meet this requirement.
To help you your tutor will work with you to agree the timeline/submission dates for your qualification and provide you with support and feedback after each submission. You can resubmit your work after feedback. You will also have an online tutorial before starting your microteach so you are fully prepared and have time to ask any questions or address queries you may have.
You will have up to 3 months to complete this qualification.When you enrol your tutor will contact you and arrange an online, face to face induction to introduce the course and so you can ask any questions you may have. At this meeting you will plan the submission dates with your tutor so you can ensure that you are completed by the deadline .It also means if you wish to complete the qualification more quickly we can arrange this with you. Some of our learners complete in just 2 weeks!
- registration with the awarding organisation
- expert tutor support
- course text book -Award in Education and Training by Ann Gravells
- teaching observations
On successful completion of this qualification, you may wish to continue your professional development by completing the Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training or a Level 3 Assessor qualification with us.