Highfield Level 3 Assessor Qualification (CAVA)
Best for Training’s Highfield Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (CAVA) is designed for people wanting to assess vocational qualifications.
This qualification is intended for those who assess both occupational competence in the work environment and vocational skills, knowledge and understanding in environments other than the workplace (for example a workshop, classroom or other training environment).
To ensure this is the right course for you:
- You must have at least two candidates you can assess who are studying for a vocational qualification and are registered with an awarding organisation.
- You must have a qualified assessor to countersign your assessment decisions
- You must have an Internal Quality Assurer (IQA) who can carry out an observation of your assessment practice
- You must be able to attend a standardisation meeting with your IQA and assessment team
If you do not have two candidates then the Level 3 Award in Understanding Assessment Principles and Practice may be more suitable for you. Assessors are in demand internationally and this qualification is essential for anyone undertaking vocational assessment.
The Certificate has 3 mandatory units which must be fully completed to gain the qualification.
- Understanding the principles and practices of assessment
- Assess occupational competence in the work environment
- Assess vocational skills, knowledge and understanding
This qualification is assessed by the following method: you must complete of a portfolio of evidence that must cover all assessment criteria for the units which includes:
- Theory assessment – you must complete a series of activities and written questions during the session covering all learning outcomes to gain the qualification
- Practical assessment – you will be observed working with a candidate and you must provide work products to demonstrate you competence in assessment
This ensures that Best for Training fully meets the observation requirements set by the Awarding Organisation and the Education and Training Foundation.
“As a minimum, there must be performance evidence for the following assessment methods: observation of performance in the work environment examining products of work; and questioning the learner. Simulations are not allowed. The trainee assessor’s performance evidence must be assessed by observation, examining the products of work, questioning or professional discussions. Remote observation is not acceptable for assessment of assessors; in other words, the assessor and the trainee assessor must be in the same location at the same time when observations are being carried out.”
The Education & Training Foundation, Qualification Guidance, Assessment and Quality Assurance Qualifications, Page 15
The course is for 6 months from enrolment, although many learners complete earlier.
The price includes:
- Highly qualified assessor
- Course materials and text book
- Online support
- Registration, assessment and certification
- Postage of certificates
There are no hidden charges with this qualification. The face to face observation with your assessor is included in the price. This ensures that Best for Training fully meets the observation requirements set by the Awarding Organisation and the Education and Training Foundation.
On successful completion of this qualification, you may wish to continue their development by undertaking one of the following qualifications:
- Highfield Level 4 Award In Understanding the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice (RQF)
- Highfield Level 4 Certificate In Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice (RQF)
- Highfield Level 4 Award In the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice (RQF)
- Highfield Level 4 Award In Understanding the External Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice (RQF)
You will be a qualified assessor and will be able to apply for Assessor roles in your area of occupational competence.