Highfield Level 3 Assessor Qualification (CAVA)
Best for Training’s Highfield Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (CAVA) is designed for people wanting to assess vocational qualifications.
This qualification is intended for those who assess both occupational competence in the work environment and vocational skills, knowledge and understanding in environments other than the workplace (for example a workshop, classroom or other training environment).
To ensure this is the right course for you:
- You must have at least two candidates you can assess who are studying for a vocational qualification and are registered with an awarding organisation.
- You must have a qualified assessor to countersign your assessment decisions
- You must have an Internal Quality Assurer (IQA) who can carry out an observation of your assessment practice
- You must be able to attend a standardisation meeting with your IQA and assessment team
If you do not have two candidates then the Level 3 Award in Understanding Assessment Principles and Practice may be more suitable for you. Assessors are in demand internationally and this qualification is essential for anyone undertaking vocational assessment.
On successful completion of this qualification, you may wish to continue their development by undertaking one of the following qualifications:
- Highfield Level 4 Award In Understanding the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice (RQF)
- Highfield Level 4 Certificate In Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice (RQF)
- Highfield Level 4 Award In the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice (RQF)
- Highfield Level 4 Award In Understanding the External Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice (RQF)
You will be a qualified assessor and will be able to apply for Assessor roles in your area of occupational competence.