Level 4 Designated Safeguarding Training for Early Years - Online with live Zoom sessions with experienced trainers
Our on-site, UK-wide Designated Safeguarding Person training is designed for staff in Early Years settings who have responsibility for safeguarding children. This training is delivered online via Zoom by expert trainers who are all experienced safeguarding tutors. The training is interactive and ensures attendees will be fully engaged throughout the day.
As explained by Ofsted, “the lead practitioner is responsible for liaison with local statutory children’s services agencies, and with the LSCB. They must provide support, advice and guidance to any other staff on an ongoing basis, and on any specific safeguarding issue as required.”
This training is designed to give attendees the knowledge and confidence to undertake this demanding and vital role.
All our safeguarding training is delivered by approved safeguarding trainers with excellent occupational experience. All our safeguarding training includes the PREVENT duty as standard.
The learning outcomes for the session include:
- describe the role and responsibilities of the designated safeguarding officer
- describe the key legislation and guidance that determines your organisation’s policy for child safety and welfare, including Ofsted requirements
- investigate attitudes and beliefs regarding child abuse and the impact of these on professional practice
- identify the barriers that prevent children from reporting abuse
- understand the barriers that prevent staff from reporting concerns and how to overcome them
- make the right decisions about what steps to take when concerns about a child have been raised
- know what’s likely to happen following a referral to children’s social care
- explain the issues connected to recording and sharing information, including confidentiality
- show an awareness of the emotional impact of safeguarding children, the importance of supervision and identify a network for personal support
- talk about your organisation’s action plan, policy and procedures
We also cover current hot topics and updates including county lines and exploitation.
The training event is 6 hours starting at 930am to 3.30 pm.
The price includes:
- Highly qualified safeguarding expert trainer
- Continuous Professional Development attendance certificate which remains valid for 3 years.
- Safeguarding Resource Booklet
Anne has worked in education for over 15 years and is passionate about high quality teaching and training. Anne led her department to outstanding for over consecutive 10 years. Anne’s prior experiences as a Ofsted Inspector allows her to provide support to schools, colleges and training providers as an consultant offering pre inspection support and guidance.
Anne is dedicated to improving standards in safeguarding. She has written training programmes for Early Years, Schools and Colleges and ensured the training of thousands of staff members has been rigorous, informative and improved the quality of safeguarding for childcare and vulnerable adults winning the Nursery World Trainer of the Year 2017 for this work. Anne is a lay member of her Local Safeguarding Partnership (LSCB).
Sam has many years experience working in the further education sector; leading on apprenticeship provision, vocational and professional qualifications for adults and study programmes for young people. As a former member of the senior leadership team of a College she was responsible for safeguarding vulnerable young people and the study programme.
Sam has worked as an Ofsted Inspector and is a consultant and lecturer for Anglia Ruskin University. Sam’s sector expertise is wide ranging and she is passionate about high quality training and assessment. She holds higher level qualifications in leadership teaching, childcare and is passionate about high quality safeguarding practice and leadership. Sam is a Home Office approved PREVENT trainer and is approved by local safeguarding boards to train safeguarding.
Judy has been working in education for many years and is passionate about education being accessible for all. Judy was graded as an “Outstanding” teacher by Ofsted, in 2014. She has led employer engagement and apprenticeship provision successfully promoting both employers needs and young people’s right to have a positive experience as an apprentice.
Judy holds a BA (Hons) in Childhood and Youth Studies and is a qualified teacher. She has been a Designated Safeguarding Officer for many years. Judy has been part of the Local Safeguarding Board Training group, helping to raise the standard of safeguarding training. Judy has been responsible for leading safeguarding training for staff working with children, young people and vulnerable adults.
Judy was a consultant for City & Guilds creating written materials for their TECBAC in Health Care, and enjoys creating new resources which engage, interest and educate learners. Judy has vast experience in programme design and delivery, she a highly experienced quality assurer with an incredible eye for detail; raising standards and supporting assessors and teachers to ensure learners achieve.