Level 4/5 Safeguarding Lead Refresher and Professional Development Training for Colleges and Training Providers
This Level 4/5 Safeguarding Lead Refresher and Professional Development Training for Colleges and Training Providers aims to bring a Lead Safeguarding Officer’s knowledge up to date with the latest policies and procedures.
It’s also aimed at those with responsibilities for safeguarding within their organisations such as senior staff, managers or governors.
Those responsible for receiving concerns about the safety and welfare of children and young people, should update their child protection and safeguarding knowledge every 2 years.
The day consists of four topics that overviews and explores the current issues and challenges of child protection in colleges and training providers. The 1 day event will focus on:
- Principals and practice of safeguarding and child protection in colleges and training providers
- Policy and procedures in practice with a focus on Ofsted requirements and demonstrating compliance
- Contemporary issues in child protection in colleges and training providers including serious case reviews, using data, research and reports to support development of practice
- Reviewing and enhancing own organisational culture and practice
The one day training event is 6 hours from 9.30am – 4.00pm.
The price includes:
- Highly qualified safeguarding expert trainer
- Continuous Professional Development attendance certificate which remains valid for 3 years.
- Safeguarding Resource Booklet
As a qualified lecturer and facilitator Janet is focused on learning and critical reflection for personal and professional growth. Janet has worked predominately in Further and Higher Education; had significant involvement in initial training of social workers, social care and early year’s workers and primary, secondary and further education teacher training.
Janet’s most recent post was as the Director of the Centre for Social Work with the University of Essex; here Janet developed both Masters and Undergraduate courses and delivered modules at all levels including Interpersonal Skills, Professional Skills, Safeguarding and programmes of meditation and mindfulness for social workers and teachers.
In addition to delivering safeguarding training and Master’s level modules related to Safeguarding, Janet has been a member of the Southend Safeguarding Boards for both Children and Adults.
Each attendee will be provided with two documents prior to the programme to support their preparation. During the training there will be further information and materials available that will be used for discussion and analysis. All materials used during the training, including podcasts and links, will be available after the programme to support participants and their settings.