CACHE Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning is the brand new qualification for Teaching Assistants/ Learning Support Assistants. It replaces the current Level 3 qualification and is more appropriate for more experienced teaching assistants in schools and colleges today, and the diverse demands the role places on them.
You can start any time of the year!
This is the ideal course for you if you have already completed a Level 2 Teaching Assistant qualification or a related qualification, like Level 2 Childcare. You should have experience of working in a school or college environment as a teaching assistant and you are looking to progress your career.
This is the perfect course for learners that struggle to attend college for taught sessions. Unlike other courses the programme is tailored around you and along with regular online support you will have monthly face to face tutorials with your assessor and meet regularly in your workplace for observations to be carried out. You must be employed or volunteer as Teaching Assistant for 100 hours over the duration of the course.
Our training is very special, unlike other distance programmes your assessor will meet with you face to face either in setting when they come to observe you or via Skype every 4 weeks. You will also be able to access support every week via planned telephone calls or emails. They will guide you through the reading, research and assignments you need to complete show your knowledge and understanding. Your assessor will carry out your observations, mark your assignments, give you feedback and help you to become a better teaching assistant.
Interest free payment options available
- Full payment of £950
- Initial payment of £250, followed by 7 monthly payments of £100 by direct debit. Call 01702 770030 to arrange your payment plan.
This qualification has been designed to build on your existing knowledge and help prepare you to take on greater responsibilities and duties in the classroom.
There are 11 mandatory units:
- Schools and colleges as organisations
- Support health and safety in a learning environment
- Understand how to safeguard children and young people
- Develop professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Understand how children and young people develop
- Support positive behaviour in children and young people
- Support children and young people during learning activities
- Support English and maths skills
- Support the use of ICT in the learning environment
- Support assessment for learning
- Engage in personal and professional development
- Support children and young people’s speech, language and communication
- Understand how to support bilingual learners
- Understand how to support
learning of children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities
- Support children and young people during transitions
- Support the role of play, leisure and extra-curricular activities for children and young people
This qualification is assessed by the following method:
You must complete a portfolio of evidence that must cover all assessment criteria which includes a series of written assignments, projects and workplace evidence which are submitted for assessment. You will receive feedback on your work and the opportunity to resubmit if further evidence is required. You will be observed in your work place by your assessor to demonstrate your occupational competence.
The course lasts 12 months from enrolment, although some learners may complete before this.
The price includes:
- Highly qualified and experienced assessor
- Online support
- Course materials
- Registration and certification
- Postage of certificates