Highfield Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (Blended 1 Day Learning)
Enquire For Availability
Best for Training’s on-site, UK-wide Highfield Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (Blended 1 Day Learning) is for professional child carers including pre-school, nursery and reception year teachers and childminders caring for children under 8.
Ofsted requires that all settings must have at least one Early Years practitioner with a full Paediatric First Aid (PFA) certificate. All newly qualified entrants to the early years workforce who have completed a level 2 and/or level 3 qualification on or after 30 June 2016, must also have either a full PFA or an emergency PFA certificate within three months of starting work in order to be included in the required staff: child ratios.
This nationally accredited qualification meets the highest standards in training set by Ofsted and fully meets the statutory requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage. This qualification also meets the requirements for accredited training as described by Millie’s Mark Foundation for settings wishing to gain this status.
The blended paediatric first aid course is in 2 parts:
Part 1 each learner will receive a copy of a first aid book and email support from a tutor, if required, to assist their understanding in preparation for the face to face training day where the knowledge will be assessed.
Part 2 is a 8 hour face to face course where attendees will learn and demonstrate all the practical sections of the course.
The Award has 2 units which must be fully completed to gain the qualification.
- Emergency Paediatric First Aid
- Managing paediatric illness, injuries and emergencies
Subjects covered include:
- Role of a first aider, accident reporting and the first aid box
Action planning in an emergency
- Unconscious baby or child
- Infant, child and adult resuscitation (CPR )
- Basic Life Support (BLS) & Automated External Defibrillation (AED)
- Infant, child and adult action for choking
- Head injuries
- Allergic reactions and anaphylactic shock
- Treatment for bleeding, shock and burns
- Treatment for sprains, strains and fractures
- Poisoning, bites and stings
- Eye, nose and ear obstructions
- Childhood conditions
- Asthma and respiratory infections
- Diabetes, Sickle Cell Anaemia, Meningitis
- Epilepsy and Convulsions
- Recording and reporting illnesses, accidents and emergencies
This qualification is assessed by the following two methods:
- Practical assessment – there will be continual assessment by the tutor as participants demonstrate the practical first aid skills, during the face to face session
- Theory assessment – Learners must answer a series of multiple choice questions during the session using the Highfield assessment paperwork. Each learner will receive a copy of a first aid book and email support from a tutor to assist their understanding.
The blended programme included 4 hours home study before the practical training day. You will be sent all the materials you need to complete a short workbook to demonstrate your knowledge and understanding, The training day is 09.00am-5.30pm during which your practical skills will be learned, practised and assessed.
This means you will only need to take one day of face to face training to complete the full Paediatric First Aid qualification. Options includes 2 half days, Saturdays or weekdays.
The price includes:
- Highly qualified trainer
- Paediatric first aid handbook
- Registration and certification
- Postage of certificates
The qualification is valid for 3 years.
We can accommodate groups up to 12 learners in each session.
Enquire For Availability