Our comprehensive, 3 day, on-site Highfield Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (FAW) course is for people intending to act as a First Aider at Work.
It is designed to give the First Aider the skills necessary to give effective life support, diagnose and treat injuries or illness, and maintain care and comfort of the casualty.
Potential First Aiders should possess an aptitude to absorb knowledge & skills, be able to cope with stressful and physically demanding emergency situations and have duties that do not prevent them from going immediately to an emergency.
Firstly, you must decide if you are a high or low risk environment. Next you must consider how many staff you employ. The Health & Safety Executive (HSE) provides a table showing what First Aid qualifications/ training your organisation requires:
Subjects covered include:
- Aims and principles of first aid
- Prevention of cross-infection during first aid procedures
- CPR and use of an AED
- Management of the unconscious casualty
- Assessment and treatment of a casualty who is wounded, bleeding or shocked
- How to deal with burns, poisoning and eye injuries
- Assessment and treatment of common major and minor illnesses e.g. epilepsy, diabetes, asthma
- Legal aspects of first aid at work – such as record keeping
- Managing cardiac circulation, asthma attacks and choking
- Management of fractures and dislocation
This qualification is assessed by the following two methods:
- Practical assessment – there will be continual assessment by the tutor as participants demonstrate the practical first aid skills, during the sessions.
- Theory assessment – Learners must answer a series of written questions during the sessions using the Highfield assessment paperwork, with support from the tutor.
The training event is 18 hours over three days.
The price includes:
- Highly qualified first aid trainer
- Emergency first aid handbook
- Registration and certification
- Postage of certificates
The qualification is valid for a period of three years after which point learners must retake the course. In addition, annual refresher training is strongly recommended.
If your organisation requires more than 12 staff to be trained, additional trainers can be booked for the same date.
Enquire For Availability