Our on-site, UK-wide CACHE Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Early Years and Childcare Settings has been developed for people who work in the children and young people’s workforce.
It is specifically written for those working in childcare settings and is suitable for those working in full day care, preschools, after school clubs and childminding.
Our award winning childcare team is highly qualified, with all tutors qualified to degree level in childcare and with excellent vocational competence. This qualification meets all the requirements for food safety as outlined by Early Years Foundation Stage.
We can support groups of up to 12 learners.
The qualifications is structured around 2 mandatory units:
- Principles of food safety when providing food and drink for individuals
- Meet food safety requirements when providing food and drink for individuals
- Learners must pass all units by completing a workbook.
- Learners must show competence in a real work environment via assessor observations of practice, witness statements and work products
Learners will need to be working, volunteering or on a practical placement as an important part of the assessment process involves evaluating skills in real working situations.
Learners will attend a one day training event for 6 hours. Following the training they will be visited in the workplace for their practical skills to be observed and assessed.
The price includes:
- Highly qualified tutor and assessors
- Food safety book
- Registration and certification
- Postage of certificates
Successful learners can progress onto the CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator EYE) and enhance their career prospects in the rewarding sector.
Enquire For Availability