Our on-site, UK-wide CACHE Level 2 Certificate for the Children’s and Young People’s Workforce has been developed for people wanting to work in the children and young people’s workforce.
It is ideal for learners who are just starting out in their career and do not feel ready to take a full Level 3 qualification.
The qualification will help learners build the knowledge and skills needed when working under supervision with children and young people from birth to 19 years of age.
It covers a diverse range of job roles and occupational areas in children’s settings, including early years and social care. This qualification is designed for working practitioners who wish to study on a part time basis without college attendance.
Our award winning childcare team is highly qualified, with all tutors qualified to degree level in childcare and with excellent vocational competence. This qualification meets all the requirements for qualified level 2 status for ratios in Early Years Statutory Guidance.
The qualifications is structured around mandatory and optional units. The optional units can be selected based on the learners role or training needs.
Mandatory units include:
- Introduction to communication
- Introduction to personal development
- Introduction to equality and inclusion
- Child and young person development
- Contribute to the support of positive environments for children and young people
- Contribute to children and young people’s health and safety
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Understand partnership working in services for children and young people
- Contribute to the support of child and young person development
- Support children and young people’s positive behaviour
- Maintain and support relationships with children and young people
- Learners must pass all units by presenting a portfolio of evidence
- Learner must show competence in a real work environment via assessor observations of practice, witness statements and work products
Learners will need to be working, volunteering or on a practical placement as an important part of the assessment process involves evaluating skills in real working situations. We recommend around 6 hours per week to gain the confidence and experience to demonstrate the required level of competence.
All learners should gain their qualification within 12 months of beginning the programme. Learners will undertake this qualification as a distance learning model where learners study independently and meet regularly with their assessors without the need to attend taught sessions.
The price includes:
- Highly qualified assessor
- Registration and certification
- Postage of certificates
Successful learners can progress onto the CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator EYE) and enhance their career prospects in the rewarding sector.
An enhanced DBS (CRB) check will be required at the start of the course.